Theatre Arts Division
The Stapleton Theatre Company is the Theatre Arts division of the Stapleton School of the Performing Arts. It is brought to you by the same team who operated the San Anselmo Town Players as part of the San Anselmo Recreation Department from 2001–2006. The same type of program, artistic quality, production values, instruction, nurturing and care that you came to know from the Town Players continues at Stapleton Theatre Company.
The Stapleton Theatre Company's annual production of A Christmas Carol, The Musical will take a break in 2016. It will return in 2017- reimagined, with new staging and a new venue!
Winner of three Tony Awards, three Outer Critics Circle Awards, two Lucille Lortel Awards and two Obie Awards, Urinetown is an hilarious musical satire of the legal system, capitalism, social irresponsibility, populism, bureaucracy, corporate mismanagement, municipal politics and musical theatre itself! Hilariously funny and touchingly honest, Urinetown provides a fresh perspective on one of America's greatest art forms.
In a Gotham-like city, a terrible water shortage, caused by a 20-year drought, has led to a government-enforced ban on private toilets. The citizens must use public amenities, regulated by a single malevolent company that profits by charging admission for one of humanity's most basic needs. Amid the people, a hero decides that he's had enough and plans a revolution to lead them all to freedom!
Don't miss this side-splitting sendup of greed, love, revolution (and musicals!), in a time when water is worth its weight in gold. Four performances only!
Urinetown Cast List
• Officer Lockstock – Todd Krish
• Bobby Strong – Eric Levintow
• Little Sally – Eden Ferguson
• Caldwell B. Cladwell – Michael Walraven
• Hope Cladwell – Ashley Kimball
• Penelope Pennywise – Jenny Boynton
• Officer Barrel – Pat Barr
• Mr. McQueen – Peter Carroll
• Senator Fipp - Greg Brockbank
• Old Man Strong – William McDaneld
• Hot Blades Harry – Jacob Vorperian
• Soupy Sue – Amanda Conran
• Tiny Tom – Carl Robinett
• Little Becky Two-Shoes – Tracy Harding
• Robby The Stockfish – Claire Fogarty
• Josephine Strong – Kim Bromley
• Mrs. Millennium – Katie Wickes
• Dr. Billeaux – Sally Guerry
• UGC Executive # 1 – TBA
• Caldwell's Secretary – Stacy Anderson
• Bunnies – Kelly Robinett, Carl Robinett, Lizzie Conran
• Cops – Yet to be cast
• Ensemble: Kelly Robinett, Lizzie Conran
Thu. Jan 26 at 7:30 – Special Pay One Price Preview Performance $15
Fri. Jan 27 & Sat Jan 28 at 7:30
Sun Jan 29 at 2:00
General $22, Seniors/Students $16
The Playhouse, San Anselmo